Are you looking to go to Walt Disney World Orlando but during a time which avoids the busiest periods as you want to have a relaxing holiday filled with rides and laughs rather than queuing and waiting. Then going on the off seasons is your best bet, and we are here to tell you them!
The best time to visit Disney World to avoid queues:
Is there really a good time to avoid Disney World? You won’t want to avoid Disney World as is great all year round; however it is not busy all year round. As you can expect, the busiest periods at Disney are during school holidays which result in the queues being pretty long. Sorry parents – it will have to be outside of the school holidays.
No matter how hard you wish upon a star… you still shouldn’t take your kids out of school!
Dates to avoid due to the Disney World crowds:
- December 22nd-31st – this is a very busy time and should definitely be avoided if you are not wanting to go when it is busy
- January 1st-4th – the last crowds of the Christmas holidays remind remain in the park
- January 5th-7th – it is Marathon Weekend where thousands of people show up to run 1 or more races (so will be reasonably busier than normal)
- February 10th-16th – there will be a rise in people visiting Disney World due to Mardi Gras and many Louisiana districts being out
- February 20th-25th – avoid this date if possible as it is President’s Day Weekend and Princess Half Marathon (this will attract many families)
- March 17th-29th– heavy summer holiday crowds will appear in the parks
- March 30th-31st– peak summer holiday crowds
- April 1st-8th– peak summer holiday crowds for the Easter holidays
- April 19th-22nd– moderate crowds due to the Star Wars Half Marathon
- May 25th-31st– Memorial Day weekend and summer crowds start to appear
- June 1st-30th– beginning of summer so expect it to be moderately busy
- July 1st-5th– the busiest time in the summer is over July 4th when people visit to enjoy the impressive firework spectacular
- July 6th-31st– summer holidays crowds will still be in the parks
Reasons to go on the off peak dates:
These are all the dates that should be avoided when looking for the best time to visit Disney World Orlando. Going outside of these dates will probably mean that prices are cheaper as you are avoiding the school holidays and their busiest times in general. The end of April, June and October are some of the best months price wise, however flight and hotel prices can change at any time throughout the year so if you see a great offer on our website – be sure to book your tickets to ensure a great price.
We know that it is not the best to take the kids on holiday during school terms but if you want to go in the quiet season then it has to be done. But visiting Disney World with the kids while they are still young is the best option. Everything is colourful, magical and wonderful. So book your family holiday today and make your 2018 a magical one!